Trainer: M. Magid Khashaba, Heba Gamal Eldin
The workshop aims to enhance the knowledge, expertise and capabilities of the participants and stakeholders regarding the role of governance and combating corruption in supporting goals achievement of the sustainable economic, social and environmental development. In addition to enhance the social and political empowerment in the different countries of the world through:
- Understanding some of related key concepts and definitions, such as: governance, transparency, accountability and anti-corruption.
- Identify the forms and levels of governance at the international level, national level, sectoral level (education and health, for example) and at the level of organizations of all types, including public organizations, business organizations and non-profit civil society organizations.
- Analyzing the relationship of governance to Sustainable Development and discussing aspects of the Goal 16 of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030: SDGs regarding: Promote peace, justice and building of effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels. As well as the Agenda 2063-The Africa we want.
- Analytical discussion of the various global indicators for assessing the state of governance and combating corruption, including the various World Bank indicators, Transparency International indicators and World Economic Forum indicators
- Review aspects of the Egyptian experience in governance and combating corruption, including:
- Assessing the state of governance in Egypt through various global and local indicators, and the implications of government development strategies and plans.
- The relevant institutions, including: the Egyptian Constitution, the Ministry of Planning, Monitoring and Administrative Reform-MPMAR (The Governance Unit), Administrative Control Authority-ACA, Egyptian House of Representatives, government agencies, the media, and civil society organizations.
- Governance relationship with monitoring and evaluation systems at the national, sectoral and local / regional levels.
- The challenges of governance and combating corruption in Egypt, including legislative, economic, political, social and institutional challenges as well as the challenges of decentralization.
- Review the best experiences and practices regarding governance and combating corruption from the Arab countries as well as from developed, emerging and developing countries.
- Identify the best lessons learned that can be used to improve governance status in Egypt.
Participants will be able to acquire knowledge and skills regarding:
- Assessing the state of national governance and addressing its challenges